23 May 2020Nudging children outdoors during lockdown
Congratulations to Nature Nudge for securing Pebble Trust funding.
Based in Shetland, Nature Nudge is an educational project which produces short nature learning videos with accompanying activity sheets, to support and inspire curriculum linked outdoor learning for pupils, parents and teachers during the lockdown period due to Covid-19.
The aims of Nature Nudge are to:
- Connect children and families with Shetland nature.
- Improve skills – in food growing, identification, physical agility and fitness, noticing and mindfulness.
- Provide a sense of community for learners in lockdown.
- Boost physical activity and health and wellbeing
- Increase an awareness of climate change issues such as plastic pollution, seabird population declines, peatland restoration and local conservation efforts.
- Support existing curriculum learning outcomes.
Find out more on the Shetland Digital School Hub